A robust Jewish Student Life experience is one of the resources that distinguishes a superb university. An important part of Lehigh's commitment to fostering a diverse learning community is significantly expanding programs that will enhance Jewish life on campus through strategic investments. To support Jewish Student Life at Lehigh, please visit the campaign site.
- In 2008, with lead support from Nancy Berman ‘94H and Alan Bloch ‘15GP, Lehigh established a Director of Jewish Life position to direct Lehigh’s Hillel and Jewish life programs campus-wide. Rabbi Seth Goren served as Lehigh’s first director from 2008 to 2013.
- Lehigh received more than $2 million in philanthropic commitments from alumni, parents, faculty and staff between 2007-2013 that established a permanent endowment for the director’s position, created several program endowments, and bolstered annual operating support.
- Their generosity has spurred expanded programs for Lehigh’s Jewish community and the community at large, including regular Shabbat services and dinners, High Holiday services, opportunities to learn about Judaism culturally and spiritually, and created opportunities for community service and ethical and interfaith dialogue across diverse groups.
- Much has been accomplished since 2007, but we need your continued support to keep this momentum moving forward. Your gift to Jewish Life annual operating support helps us offer regular Shabbat dinners, bagel brunches, and to partner with academic and administrative departments on joint projects and events. These programs have had a tremendous impact in raising the profile of Jewish life at Lehigh, a trend we want to nurture and grow.
- Create a legacy by establishing an endowed fund and name it for your family or loved one. Many naming opportunities are available. Contact Lehigh University Advancement at (800) 523-0565 to explore an option that fits your philanthropic goals.
Learn more about Jewish Student Life at Lehigh.